Intervals To A New Level

I received my latest issue of Bicycling Magazine in the mail yesterday. The only part I've absorbed from the issue was Chris Carmichael's interval workout called Bust A Gut. It's basically like mine but the intervals are based on time (2 minutes) rather than reaching a certain heart rate and then sustaining it for a certain time. I think it works out to longer intervals and more of them. I definitely hurt more, sweat more and felt like I had ridden harder with these changes.

Bust a Gut!

  • 6 minute: warmup
  • 1 min.: fast pedal, spinning a light gear as fast as you can
  • 1 min.: recovery spinning
  • 1 min.: fast pedal
  • 1 min.: recovery spinning
  • 5x2 min. @ max intensity, w/ 2 min. recovery spinning between each
  • 6 min. recovery spinning
  • 5x2 min. @ max intensity, w/ 2 min. recovery spinning between each
  • 8 min. cooldown
  • TOTAL TIME: 60 MIN.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home