Working Out The Glitches

I'm getting the glitches worked out of the new running program. As the miles were increasing the knees held up, although the left knee has an issue with the lateral patellar retinaculum, patellar tendon or the meniscus. There was a sharp pain for just a second and then it was gone. It felt like a guitar string being thumped. Once it did it's thing everything was fine. One really bad workout happened on a tempo run where all bones and muscles ached. This has happened at least once every year and I have no idea what causes it. The Sunday following the bad workout, I felt fine getting through 15 miles. No issues.

Since I'm in a strength building phase I've been really hungry, eating a lot of protein and gaining weight. I don't know if all of the weight is additional muscle mass. So to make sure I'm logging all of my calories burned against caloric intake. I've never had to do this in the past but with new cravings it's the only way I can really determine if I'm really in a deficit of calories by the days end, while also monitoring whether or not I'm taking in the proper nutrition to rebuild.

Last night's speed workout went great. I ran 7:33/mile for five miles and then three easy before soaking the legs in Barton Springs. I think my legs would feel a lot worse right about now if I hadn't found out about soaking the legs in cold water.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home