Caliente Has Arrived

Da Fleet is complete! "Caliente" is the third and final bike to be built. It's a basic rode bike to be ridden for longer rides this fall and possibly some road racing or crits next spring.

I took my time for this bike build and surprisingly everything came together well. I was dreading the adjustment of the brifter's index cabling but it took no more than the tri bike. Until I find a great deal on some wheels, Caliente is sharing the wheelset from the tri bike (Salsa Verde).

Last night I couldn't wait to get on it so I took it for a spin. It was very smooth and seemed fast. The index shifting was dead on. I'll have to take it out this weekend to see how comfortable the geometry is or where it needs a tweak or two but for now it's very nice.

Here's the breakdown of parts and costs;

  1. Cannondale frame and carbon fiber fork - $75
  2. Bontrager carbon fiber Race Lite seat post - $20
  3. Nashbar brakes - $30
  4. Cabling - $30
  5. Brake/Shifters (Brifters), Shimano Ultegra - $90
  6. Shimano bottom bracket and Bontrager cranks - $30
  7. Handlebars - $20
  8. Stem - $20
  9. Seat - $30
  10. Rear derailleur, Shimano 105 - $20
  11. Front derailleur, Shimano Ultegra - $25
  12. Chain, SRAM - $14
  13. Tape - $10
Total Cost: $414* * The wheelset will add another $120 when purchased.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home