You Get What You Need

You can't always get what you want
But if you try sometimes, well you might find
You get what you need
Oh yea-ay

Another Frankenbike was scheduled for Saturday but at first it looked like it was going to be a bust. A bust meaning all buyers and no sellers. Something was not right with the 11 am start time. Even the pizza parlor, the location of this month's Frankenbike, wasn't open at that time. Four or five buyers sat around on the front deck enquiring what everyone else was looking for. One other guy was looking for a road bike rear derailleur as I was. The others kept their cards close to their vest. A couple of sellers finally showed up and I had about 20 minutes until my cycling guru friend arrived at my house, from out of town, so if this thing was going to happen it needed to happen quick.

Long story short. I went to pee, came out and one table was set up. Looked down and spotted a Shimano 105 short cage rear derailleur. How could this be. Where is the other guy?. I spotted a front derailleur and then a Bontrager carbon fiber Race Lite seat post. Pull out a few dollars and I was done.

If I'd shown enough patience with the brifters I would've been able to score some Shimano 105s which were attached to a light handlebar for $85.00. Again, this has taught me to wait for Frankenbike and if it's not there then go to Craig's list, then eBay, and then finally online retail if I have a couple of days and local retail if I need it immediately.

I started to build the road bike last night. It should take a couple more days and then I'll show you the fleet.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home