Morning Nutrition

A fellow blogger emailed me yesterday and asked what I've been eating in the mornings. It varies, depending on what phase I'm in. I just started the Build 2 Phase which has me adding intervals to the routing in all three disciplines. I've dropped weight lifting except for some light lifting for maintenance so for the most part, all of my activity is cardio at this point. I start the morning with two Emergen-C packets. One is the tangerine for its vitamins and the other is Joint Health, which includes 500 mg of Glucosamine and 400 mg of Chondroitin for my joints. These packets come in powder form and you mix them with water. With these I'll throw down a piece of whole wheat toast and honey. I'm then out the door for the run, the bike or the swim. Post exercise I'll then drink an Accelerade and as of last week, my favorite was Citrus Grapefruit. They have four flavors and I drink the other three flavors at work after my noon workout. I drink a cup of coffee while getting ready for work and while driving to work I down a V-8. A lot of liquids but it seems to work for me. Each drink does something that helps me get going, helps me recover or supplements what I'm missing.

If I feel I need a little more to eat, I'll boil a couple of eggs and some turkey bacon but that's usually on the days I'm doing the light lifting, pushups, squats and lunges.

If I get out the door for a run too late and it's hot and humid, I'll have to take some Thermolytes or NUUN tablets.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home