Baseline Numbers Heading into Build Phase II

I started Baseline Phase II in earnest today. The main change was inserting intervals for swim, bike and run. Today was the first day I seriously did the run intervals in the morning followed by the bike intervals at noon.

Run - warmup, one mile.
Run to lactate threshold (159 HR for me) and maintain if possible.
Light jog until HR returns to below 135.
Repeat until arrival at fifth mile.
Cooldown jog at 136 HR.

Bike - warmup, approx. eight minutes.
Cycle to lactate threshold (149 HR for me) and maintain if possible.
Light spin until HR returns to below 120.
Repeat until 50th minute.
Cooldown spin for ten minutes maintaining 90 rpm cadence.

I also did the 80-80 Steady State Power Fitness Test (PDF) to provide a benchmark measure for watts. it came out to 205 for the five-minute session with cadence at 80 and heart rate at 80% of max or 144 HR.

A note on my running benchmark, today's time for the first mile has come back down to 8:30/mile. When starting over after the CapTexTri training, it started at 10:00/mile. Hopefully, it'll get back down to 7:xx before the next tri (Aug. 5).

I forgot my index cards today so I'll have to post what Baseline Phase II looks like tomorrow.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home