4:30 a.m.

4:30 a.m. came too early. It always does. You never heard the opposite that it took forever to get to 4:30 in the morning. But with sacrilegious 8:00 a.m. Friday meeting, I needed the extra hour to get the miles in. Friday's are long run days and today was scheduled for a 10-miler. I like that it was cooler at that hour but there are a couple of things I can't get used to.

 

  1. There are parts of the trail that can't be seen. It's pitch black and feet feel weird landing on the dirt.
  2. Things move in the bushes that you can't see but can hear and you know they're much bigger than a cricket.

One of those things made it's way to the middle of the trail and before I knew it, was under my feet. I don't think I stepped on it because I literally went Michael Jordan into the tree. Eight and a half feet in the air yelling all kind of explicatives. This was at the five-mile mark and it made me hesitant the remaining two times I passed that point in the trail.

The temperature was ok at 77 degrees but the humidity was a balmy 92% which made things miserable. It should be only a few more weeks of this until things start to change for the better.

I got to the office and under my right arm, on the bicep it was stinging like crazy. When I went MJ into the tree something must have landed on my shirt like an asp. That's why meetings on Fridays are a bad idea in general. And especially early morning meetings on Friday.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home