First Run-Far Bike Time Trial of the Season

Official Results    23:02    20.8 mph

It must've been the pre-race meal of chocolate pop-tarts and orange juice with honey that gave me a little extra zoom-zoom tonight. The hill that usually eats my lunch did so tonight but instead of recovering at the top, I pedaled through it. And surprisingly, I had a little left for the hill at the end of the eight-mile course. The quads burned, but not as bad as in the past.

I sat around afterward, people watched, bike watched and determined I definitely had the cheapest bike on the course tonight. I also was the only one out there with hairy legs. I'll get out the razor next week before the triathlon. Salsa Verde passed many a bike hundreds, if not thousands of dollars more expensive. It was also passed by a few expensive bikes with riders in full team kit, disc wheels and aero helmets.

I'm happy with the results. Two miles per hour faster than last year, yet another year older. I can now feel much better about the winter training and that I'm ready for the Capital of Texas Triathlon on Memorial Day. This season was to be about Kaizen and so far it has with new 5K, 10K, and now a bike TT PR.

Thanks go to Run-Far Racing Services for providing the timing service. It was even owner Raul's 40th birthday tonight and he was out there with the riders. Very cool.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home