Moving Body Atoms is a Slow Process

The Texas Round-Up 10K wasn't on my radar this year. The only reason I ran it was that was the race my training group selected as it's goal race this spring. As a coach I needed to run it and support the other runners. Somehow last week the race went from one of my "C" races to "A" race just before the start. I don't know if I got caught up in the pre-race adrenaline or that my 10K time needed such improvement so I decided to put forth the effort. Effort as in ready at the start but no effort the night before drinking beer and wine.

Men 45-49: 25 of 51
Overall: 199 of 998 total 10K timed runners
Time: 50:03.1
Pace: 8:04/M
PR: 04:04 faster than the 2006 Capitol 10,000

Each 10K improves by four minutes each time. It points out to me that this will take time to get where I want to be. That muscles don't change overnight or even in one year. This 10K was a challenge with the hills. I think my next 10K will be one that's mostly downhill or at least flat.

I forgot to post last week about the Nuun tablets. I took a couple after running in the heat and doing an hour of hills. Just when the dehydration headache was coming on, I popped a couple of these and they worked great. I even used them this weekend after working in the yard and working up a tremendous sweat. They will definitely be with me at the traithlon and throughout the summer.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home