New Swim Duds

Found a new wetsuit for the upcoming Capital of Texas Triathlon on Memorial Day. As I said in yesterday's post the shoulders just didn't have enough room. From what I read yesterday online, this is a common problem for the single piece suits. I stopped by a second-hand sporting goods store and they had quite a few suits. I tried three on and ended up with an older version of the current O'Neill Hammer Spring wetsuit. A very snug suit with some wear but my shoulders felt little resistance with repeated arm movements. I don't have the benefit of the full suit, but I think that'll be ok for the temperature I'll be swimming in this year (+67). And best of all it was only $29.00.

Iron Wil posted the Top Ten Things not to do in a Wetsuit, yesterday. I added this one to her list.

If it reads "S", it's a small 
and if you're an "L" and get it on, 
two or maybe three other individuals 
will need to get you out of it.

No lie, I was about fifteen seconds away from the embarassing situation of having to ask the guys at the desk for some help. Didn't even see the "S" until after I had the suit off.

Also on my list of new gear are a pair of TYR Hydrovision Metalized goggles. I tried them at Barton Springs yesterday and they were very Yippie-yi-yo-ki-yay. I wouldn't necessarily wear them in the pool as the TYR Socket Rockets work great, but for the head bobbing that happens during the triathlon, the Hydrovision does provide more visibillity.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home