This Whole Week Was Different

This whole week was different. It started out with a normal gym workout on the legs last Monday. I stacked the Smith machine with too much weight and pulled a muscle in my back. That set the stage for the rest of the workouts for the week. It wasn't until Friday that my back felt normal again.

I got in a good run on Town Lake Trail before the storm rolled through last night. I ran right past that tree in the photo that fell from the wind today or last night. Although windy today at 30 mph, I still got out and did a 20-mile ride with a friend. His route included a lot of neighborhood streets which kept the speed low but included enough hills to call it a workout.

Monday's going to change things a little. I've joined a group kind of like crossfit that includes exercises from that program, as well as exercises from the P90X program. We'll also collaborate on other routines we find here and there. I think the others in the group are following the workouts to the letter for each day. I'll have to move them around and try to blend them into my triathlon prep. So far I don't think anything is coming from the "300" exercise program but who knows...maybe. If you haven't checked what the actors and stunt folks did to get ripped for the movie 300 you have to check it out. Google 300 or go to YouTube.com and search for the 300 videos. Pretty intense.

As I can't afford to lose another week for pulled muscles, I'm done for the season for heavy weights lifting until next winter.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home