Lost Aerobic Fitness

I did a test last night to see how much aerobic fitness I'd lost since last summer. At the Bowie High School track I ran at 135 heartbeats per minute for a three separate miles. They each came in at 11:00, 11:05, 11:08. So I've slowed down 2.5 minutes per mile at 135bpm since last September. I'm going to take this as needing to beef up the running in the current program and cut back on the swim. The Triathlete Magazine program called for only three or four days of running per week.

I'm in much bettter shape than last year on the bike. Sustained 20mph @ 130bpm HR. But since I've spent the winter on the trainer and lifting, that's to be expected.

With the added cardio, the winter weight is coming off. From 186, I'm now at 179 pounds. Today's workout called for just strength training. I think I'll add a run to that.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home