I'm in Love With a Machine

Yesterday, after my first swim since Jan. 1, I went for a workout in the gym as Da Fish still had a few thousand left in the pool. The free weight section was overly crowded with testosterone so I finished a few curls and moseyed over to the Cybex dip and pull up machine. Four of them and not a one being used. Literally, it was the only piece of equipment in the gym not being used.

I'm in love.

That has to be the most elegant piece of equipment ever designed. Fiddle with the pin and adjust the resistance. Or don't use the step-up bar and do old school pull ups. Lots of easy pull ups or a few hard ones. Nice. I loved it and didn't want to get off of it. I didn't need to as all the teens and twenty-somethings were either using the cardio if they were female or the free weights if they were male. The exercise equipment was taken advantage of by both. Nobody was waiting in line for my new found love. I kept doing set after set getting more and more tired and doing less and less reps. That's when Da Fish walked up and spoiled the moment I was having with the machine.

Da Fish: Don't use the step up you Nancy

Me:After a mile swim in a long time and curls until muscle failure, I need the assistance. Even if I hadn't gone for a swim or done curls, I still love the machine.

Da Fish: Do as much as you want. No hurry.

Me: Too late. The moment's gone. Nah, we have to get back to work.

It should've been more difficult to pull me away from a pool surrounded by coeds and palm trees on a 75° sun-shiny day and the gym, with my new found love machine. However, I was on deadline and had to break it off. This one day stand had come to an end.

tags: , ,

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home