A Triathlon Christmas

Santa must've picked up the USAT rosters and found my name because I got lots of triathlon booty for Christmas. A new Giro Atmos helmet, a Speedo skin suit, weights and a healthstation. What's a healthstation you ask? It's a fancy way of saying a weight scale that can also calculate your body fat, body water, and muscle mass.

I wasn't prepared for the numbers the healthstation flashed at me the first time I stepped aboard. I was still close to the 10 percent body fat which was good. But I also was close to the weight when I started this whole program, 184. The difference, my body's atoms have shifted from fat to muscle. In the last week, more fat atoms have been added but they should come off in the next week or so with more cardio. I guess what is hard to get used to is having a different body for triathlon than the one I had for the marathon. For the marathon, I got down to 154 and there wasn't a whole lot of muscle there. Now it's 184 with some definition here and there and definitely some more muscle.

Yesterday, I switched over to the P90X yoga routine. It was more intense than my normal routine. My glutes were screaming for rest by the end of it. But it really got my heart rate up and I could feel it stretching areas that needed some work. So now I'm including two P90X routines weekly; back and chest and the yoga routine.

tags: , , , ,

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home