Body Composition Analyzer & Elvis

You never know what you'll see at the Town Lake Trail. I wasn't looking forward to the Saturday walk for charity, even though I was the organizer for work. It was a walk, I wanted to run, it was on the other side of IH-35, yada, yada, yada.

I met my ex-boss and her husband at the start and it was delayed by thirty minutes. We all decided to run the thing and start 30 mintues ahead of the group as other things were going on that day. Mario knew the trails we'd be hitting and I'm glad I went. Much less people on the trail, much more scenic and peaceful. While we were running, an ultra-distance dude came up from behind and ran with us for a couple of miles. He was getting ready for a 50K. Slow and steady he said.

When we got back, Mario and Michele left for another engagement and I went over to the expo to see what food was available. Starbucks, HEB fruit and bagels. Nice. I walked over to the expo and Gold's Gym had a body composition scale available. It had been a year since I had a fat mass, fat % reading. Last time it was around 16%.

Tanita Body Composition Analyzer TBF-410
Body Type: athletic
Gender: male
Age: 45
Height: 6' 0"
Weight: 170.0 lb
BMI: 23.1
BMR: 7284 kJ or 1741 kcal
Impedence 502
Fat %: 10.0
Fat Mass: 17.0 lb
FFM: 153.0 lb
TBW: 112.01 lb

Great News! The weights program is working, as is taking in more protein. Last year I weighed 154 pounds at the time of the marathon, with 16% body fat.

As I was enthusiastic about the reading, sipping my Starbucks coffee, making my way to the car as I passed by a local newsman greating a man that looked like Elvis. I heard him say, "Hi, I'm Elvis," and grinned. And I was debating with myself whether or not to sleep in.

tags: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home