Some Week

Something about the seasonal change that throws me for a loop and gets my schedule all out of whack. I thought I had it in my head to run at noon or afternoon or evening now. What I didn't bet on was Tuesday watching stupid weathermen forecasting 100 percent chance of rain so I pack weight room clothes and eat a weights-workout-30-gram-protein lunch then having a beautiful day appear, making me want to run and doing so, then to have my entire abdomen feel like Alien was busting through my gut for two and a half friggin' miles. Jeeeeeez!

Chalk it up for the worst run of the season.

Diddo for Thursday. Can you believe it? I did again on Thursday except this time I only threw down 13g of protein. It didn't feel like Alien was busting through. It was just uncomfortable. It was also hot as hell. In the 90s. Probably the last run-without-your-shirt-run of the year.

OK, so I'm thinking about when my marathon training program should get serious. I mean how many more weeks do I have to suck down as much beer and BBQ as my body can stand? So I take out my pencil and paper and start with Feb. 18, counting back a couple of taper weeks and then start with my longest run. This time I add some cross training weeks inbetween long runs. January, December, November, October. October? This is the last week of October. Yep. Marathon training is supposed to start this week. Serious marathon training in order to get where I want to be come Feb. 18. So last night I passed on sucking down a couple brews with coworkers and instead ran eight miles with protein in the gut.

The best thing about yesterday's run was the way I felt this morning. After my run last night I took some MSM, CoQ10, a whey protein shake with blueberries and strawberries, 2 Liquid Advils and 2 Miller Lites. Damn my legs felt better than they have for six months.

BTW, the acupuncture worked on my knee and hip. They feel great. Now I can start ramping up the miles again. If I start to get the twinge again, I'll look into scheduling more sessions.

tags: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home