Tapering for Dilloman

I'm right in the middle of another taper for the Dilloman Triathlon this weekend. Less of everything. Less miles. Less eating. I dont foresee that I'll do anything Sunday that'll make for a PR. I'm at the end of base building and didn't have any time to get a true 12-week sharpening/speed phase going. That'll have to wait until next year. I will have time to go through 12-week speed phases this fall and winter.

The schedule shifted this week. With the morning temperatures in the sixties, I no longer needed a post-run dunk in the pool. For the next couple of months, it looks like runs in the morning with cycling and swimming in the evenings.

I picked up a copy of Michael Bane's book, Over the Edge, a regular guy's odyssey in Extreme Sports. Michael chronicles his making a list of 13 extreme sporting events and then trying to finish each and every one. I bought it for a buck at the resale shop. I guess the person who donated it wasn't impressed with Bane's efforts. I bought the book as I'm still searching why people do these types of events.

If you want some more triathlon podcasts to listen to, visit Competitor Radio. Many of the archives are from years ago, transformed into podcasts. Faris Al Sultan, Greg LeMond, Lance Armstrong, Michael Phelps, just to name a few.

tags: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home