A Tough 50

It looked like a couple of times last week that I wasn't going to reach my goal of 50 running miles per week. Wednesday my SUV was hit from the rear by a Dodge Ram 1500 on the freeway and was totaled. I was ok, although a little sore in my front neck muscles. I continued to run the next morning. I then spent three hours in the dentist's chair getting some work done. Ouch! Quit it! Ouch! I took some pain pills, took a nap, and all was good. I made my 12-mile run on Sunday to complete the 50-mile threshold. It was not a lot measured by many, but it was a lot for me, combined with cycling and three swimming days. One of the swimming days took me to new yardage with 3,000 yards.

As I patted myself on the back for getting through last week, I read on CNN that Sam Thompson was getting ready to complete 50 marathons in 50 days in 50 states. OMG! Great story, great cause.

So this week will be a mirror of last week. Fifty miles of running plus 4+ miles of swimming and then 30-50 of cycling. After next week, I have two sprint triathlons which will chew up the schedule with tapering. The middle of September will start the running season. I think I'll still cycle and swim throughout the running season as it's great cross-training, plus I'm really starting to enjoy the swimming miles more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home