A Great Weekend

What a great weekend it's been. It started Friday evening with a trip to Jack and Adam's Cycle/Triathlon Shop. I stopped in to get a tire and tube for the new front wheel. The guys were great and put it on for me and I was riding on it in another fifteen minutes. I think it's going to improve the speed quite a bit. Saturday morning continued the good juju with another eBay auction won . This one was for a aerodynamic carbon fork. Again it was won while I was off on a morning run/swim. I wasn't going to give up the cool morning to stay and babysit the auction and as before, I tend to win the ones where I don't micromanage the thing.

Saturday, I added a long swim to the schedule. Since this was the first one, I just added 500 meters to my 1500-meter regular swim. I'll build up the length over time. It felt great after the run. Later in the day I got a chance to do some open water swimming at Hamilton's Pool Preserve. It was a little crowded but the spring-fed cool water was very refreshing on a 100+° day.

I ended the week with some baking and my long run. As I got up late to make the cinnamon rolls, I didn't get to the trail until after 8:30 and it was already a little warm. By the end of the two hours and twenty-two minutes it was toasty. The long run put me over 44 running miles for the week. As I've kept my calory intake up all week I didn't have any issues so I'll add a few more miles to get closer to 50 next week. I added a long swim on Saturdays so that'll pump up the swimming weekly mileage. The only thing left is to find a place for the long bike ride.

tags: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home