GYGO New Year's Day Tri Course Set

The GYGO virtual triathlon, scheduled for Jan. 1 with world-wide participation is going to happen. I've registered and found my course. It looks like it'll be Barton Springs for the swim. The springs are 1000 feet long, so doing some math, 750 meters of the sprint swim portion I committed to equals 2460 feet or 2.5 the length of the springs. Cool! It will be cool as the springs stay around 68 degrees all year round.

I'll make the parking lot at the springs my first transition area. The bike route will be a 10-mile hilly course going south on the Mopac feeder and then going west on Loop 360 (more hills) for a couple of miles before returning to Zilker Park. The ten miles are less than the 20K slotted for this sprint but there are some tough hills there so it evens out. Here's another course map using Map-My-Run with elevations, although the elevation feature wasn't working this morning.

Upon the return to Zilker Park, I'll go to the second transition area under the Mopac Bridge, next to the hike and bike trail. I'll run 3.47 miles on the trail, from the Mopac Bridge to the Pfluger Bridge and back. This is a little longer than a 5K but it has to be as there's no way to cross the river sooner.

The last thing to do is to get Da Fish to sign up and we'll be set.

GYGO list of worldwide participants and the triathlon lengths they'll be running Jan. 1.

tags: , , ,

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home