This Friday So Much Better Than Last

How can it not go better with a bike commute into work? I tried out my new Topeak Joe Blow sport pump this morning and dang, what a difference over the crappy pumps I've had all my life. It's a twin head pump so no losing the adaptors like I did last week. That was the reason to go get another pump anyway. I haven't tried it yet on the Presta valves. My commuter/beater, single-speed bike is Salsa Roja and it's equipped with Schrader valves, while Salsa Verde, my tri-bike has Presta valves. The Joe Blow pump Schrader head was a great fit and no air leaked out.

Some notes on the commute.

  • You feel alive descending 370 feet while getting upwards around 30-35 mph going with traffic.
  • It was cool how all the cagers were polite today and gave me room.
  • Learning how to ride with no hands again took me back in time. What a great feeling.
  • Climbed the hill towards the Amtrak station with two young, hairy legged women sporting backpacks filled to the brim and with water bottles dangling off the side.
  • Salsa Roja is an awesome steed. Not one dropped chain this morning.
  • Passed Runtex Chief Paul Carrozza cycling up the Shoal Creek trail. I always wondered where he ran.
  • Cycling shorts underneath my khaki pants worked best for the commute.
  • The humidity was pretty high. My shirt was soaked by the time I arrived at work.
  • I saw a place on Lamar Blvd. I want to check out called Earth Art. Pretty cool sculptures on the side of the building.

People's Pharmacy breakfast tacos taste sooooo good after the commute in. I bought two and also picked up some Nuun tri-berry, active hydration tablets. I'll let you know how they work out.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home