No Workout = Frustration

I've reached the point now where I'm addicted to my workouts, even the core workouts. I came to this conclusion after my frustration grew after two missed workouts; one core last week and yesterday's run. I made up for the run today on the Town Lake Trail and extended the mileage to 10, which is what I wanted to do over the weekend, but the yard work took over. When asked how long today's run was going to be, I said "Until the sun goes down" and that's what happened.

I'm still bouncing back and forth about the San Antonio Marathon in November or whether ever to do another marathon at all. I sure do like the ten-to-fifteen mile range. It's comfortable and nothing breaks down. I walk like my age afterwards and can bounce back with a good night's rest. We'll see how the long runs go in the upcoming weeks.

Today's run was split into two segments. The first half was run with my co-worker and run in zone three at a 162 average heart rate. The second half was targeted for an HR of 136 but it averaged a little higher at 147. HR didn't really matter today as it was just to run until the sun went down, to be out there for as long as I could.

I neglected my yoga and glucosamine regimine for a couple of weeks and I could tell. The muscle behind the left kneecap was weak and the ankle and knees creaked when going down the stairs the last few mornings.

I've enjoyed the schedule where there isn't a schedule planned out days in advance. I go with the flow and put what I did on the schedule afterwards. The rest of the week has rain forecasted so it'll be a play it by ear kind of week. With all of my workout clothes now in the back of thee truck, it should be easy. Whatever the weather brings tomorrow, it'll be 30-45 minutes of core and 70 minutes of something.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home