No Bees This Time

I took the day off Friday. Saturday involved yard work, raking, blowing, vacuuming and bagging 200 pounds of dead oak leaves from the back yard. By the time I was finished, my energy was spent. Sunday, I decided to get the exercise in first so that whatever was left could be used on the yard. I decided on a bike ride at the veloway and surprisingly, it wasn't crowded.

My last ride was for 12 miles so I decided on one more 3-mile lap for 15. Slow and easy heart rate (139), except for the hill climb that always pushes me into the 150s. No bees, no mechanical problems. Only a small patch of oak leaves covering one of the tight turns. My slick tires took an edge and started to skid out from under me. Luckily I was able to unhook my shoe from it's pedal and brace the bike before taking a tumble. Once I did that the crank came right up on the calf. It left a great marking on the calf. If I ever get a tattoo, this may be the one. Just under the buldge of the calf muscle. If I wait long enough the bike may make one for me for free.

tags: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home