3.5 Inches of Rain

Rain is rain. Heavy rains are heavy rains. Most days I would be frustrated that it forced me into the gym to exercise. The clouds parted and the rain stopped with a two-to-three hour window late in the afternoon. Perfect for a ride.

I rode to the veloway and surprisingly nobody was there. I had the track all to myself, outside of one rider I caught up to. Yes, caught up to. He ditched the next lap and I could see why. Debris strewn all over the veloway from the hard rains. There were even still streams flowing, four or five of them, along the 3.1-mile route. So I imagine this discouraged most riders and inline skaters from getting out today. That's great as I didn't mind dodging a few leaves and getting the bike wet in the streams. I was blah yesterday, this was a chance to get a good ride in, damn the weather or debris, or whatever.

I took a spill at the base of the hill. The base was covered in mud and leaves and you have to take a hard right turn to climb it. It sneaks up on you. I knew it was there and had dodged the leaves leading to the base two times already. Slip, slide, bike went sideways, large chain stay cog went into the calf. Rain was rain, a cyclist met concrete, mud and debris, a cog met flesh. It was still a good ride.

tags: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home