Still Learning

Long time, no post.

I was sick for a week and I've had plantar fasciitis since April. I finally licked the PF with some new Dr. Scholl's Heel Pain Relief Orthotics. I've been transferring the one pair of orthotics to each pair of shoes I wear so they're constantly with me. They have made a huge improvement in the PF pain. It's almost non-existent at this point.

When I looked back I had quit wearing my orthotics in the spring when I got some new shoes. In the new two or three pair I received, I didn't place orthotics in the heal and subsequently felt intense heel pain. I blamed it on one 10K I ran on hard roads and not on removing orthotics from the shoes.

The pool's chemicals were jacked up the day before I got sick. It didn't help that I had almost no sleep the night before and woke to do a swim, bike and run to exhaustion. I didn't get the flu but a bad sinus infection where I'm still slingin ' snot rockets as I run. I think most people just call it "The Crud."

Outside of the congestion, training got back to a serious level last week. I don't think I'll be ready for a Sept. 1 Olympic, but I just may be ready for the Oct. 5 Half Ironman, here in Austin.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home