Recently

The new image up above came from my commute in last week. It's taken from a section of the Shoal Creek trail, underneath one of the bridges. You can smell and hear the bats living within the bridge's crevasses as you pass through. For over a year I missed this section as I took another route past retail shops, hopping back and forth onto the sidewalk, depending on the traffic and the temperament of myself and the drivers. I no longer go that route, instead trading it for the Shoal Creek trail.

As Poi Dog Pondering said in their song, The Ancient Egyptians, "...you get to know things better when they go by slow."

Point in fact... swami bike man. I call him that as he rides with his arms extended over his head and his hands together in prayer position. I have yet to see swami bike man lower his arms. I mean he has to when he gets to an intersection. Right?

I also found myself crossing paths on my commute with thong bike man. The guy had nothing on but a thong. He walked his bike across the intersection. I knew that's what you wanted to know. Right? Heh heh.

I'm really getting to enjoy the Tour this year. It's definitely easier with Versus showing the stage thee times per day. Yesterday's L’Alpe d’Huez was absolutely everything it should've been. And best yet, was no news of drugs during the day.

I finally got my time trial time back to what it was at the end of last year. To the tenth of a second I tied my best Tuesday night. I just bought a Limar Crono Time-trial carbon helmet a few days before the race on eBay. I'm sure it helped to reduce the time but there was also a ten mph head wind coming back the last four miles of the course. So I cut a minute off the front four miles and gained a minute, ten seconds on the way back. And it was also 100 degrees at the time. So the conditions weren't the same as a few weeks ago to really get a gauge of whether I'm faster or the helmet made me faster.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home