Mornings Are Fresh

Changing over to the morning run wasn't easy. I got into waking up early last year but for some reason, this year I like sleeping later. So if I had any doubts about it, today the air in Austin will be more polluted by the afternoon. Not only that, the CNN broadcast this morning had a report about how many of the sunscreen products got failing grades. Mine was one of those listed. Ug! So in the wee hours of the morning the air is cleaner, the UV is less or non-existant, the pool water is cleaner and the temperature is cooler. All will be well once I embrace 4:30 AM once again.

From Bicycling Magazine's August Issue, "According to the Natural Resources Defense Council, as many as 64,000 people a year in the United States die prematurely of causes that are related to air pollution. One of my neighbors passed a week ago. He was 71 and cycled every day for a couple of hours. The autopsy showed high levels of pollution in his lungs. I guess cycling in the middle of the day is a bad idea.

I have to get into the habit of looking at the pollution levels as I have been with temperature and humidity. it just makes sense.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home