The Germs Are Everywhere

I had to go get K at school right before my noon workout today. The school nurse called and said she was sick and needed to go home. Half of her class is out with a bug, the bug or some combination of bug, cold, flu, or allergies. A lot of sneezing going on in our 30' x 30' office. Boxes of Kleenex sitting next to each one. ARGH! This is what happened in 2006 and I got the flu ten days out from the marathon. It's time to start downing the Emergen-C product Immune Defense and plan on sleeping on the couch. I've invested four months of training and it's so close to not take precuations.

I read last night that getting to mile 20 is half the race. I'd disagree and change to the starting line is the half way mark. Too much injury-wise or health-wise can screw up getting to that starting line. Then the 20 mile mark is 75% done. It's the last 6.2 miles that takes up the last 25% of the race.

The legs feel great. Actually, they feel better than ever before I can remember when running. I'm working on the mental aspect of the race now. Short mantras, running in unfavorable weather and running past the feel-good point is helping.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home