Let's See....Uh..No!

I received an email this morning from the triathlon race directors from the race that was cancelled last year. It's been almost a year since the cancellation of the spring event and this is the first I've heard from them. They have offered a discount to this year's event and planned for a rain date. I was intrigued. A little late but I wanted to find out how much of a discount for athlete's that payed the money only to not be able to race and not hear where the money went. Did the race beneficiary get their money?

It looked like the fees were more than last year. I checked the discount versus the regular price and it's a mere $20 discount. Wow, why bother. The regular fee is $120 and the discounted fee is $100. Big deal. And the price is really high for not being an Ironman distance or Ironman event.

I Googled other events in the area and found a few that are around $50. Half the cost. I think I'll be skipping the expensive spring race and adjust the schedule to find another one for half the cost. I'll put my money in support of the events that are a little more communicative with their athletes, support worthwhile causes and put on a kick-ass race.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home