Summer Pollutants Are Forcing Me To The Morning

"The time has come," the Walrus said,
"To talk of many things:
Of heat index--and ozone--and carbon monoxide--
And why the air is boiling hot--
And whether pigs have wings."

I was just getting acclimated to the heat. I had my NUUN tablets, the amount of water intake, the colder shower, the post-run Accelerade and potassium drinks working and getting me back to normal. Nooooooooooooooo. It's all gone. The friggin' ozone levels and the carbon monoxide levels are reading at unsafe levels for sensitive groups. It's not like it's a one day out of the week thing. It's forecasted for tomorrow too and with the way this weather pattern goes, so goes the air.

Get this. In my August Bicycling Magazine Dave Zabriskie says, "...but Zabriskie laughs when news shows characterize moderate air-quality days as unhealthy for "sensitive" people. 'It's unhealthy for everyone.' he says."

So rather do more damage to my body than the good I'm receiving by running, I'll just push the runs to the mornings again when the air is clean, or as clean as it's going to get.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home