Bike-To-Work Day

I shouldn't have been riding into work this morning for Bike-to-Work Day but I couldn't pass it up. My calves were still toasted from the Tuesday time trial. I worked on them last night with rollers, electric massagers and tea tree pain lotion and they felt ok by this morning. Actually they felt great throughout the ride.

The weather cooperated and was in the low 60s with no wind and 72% humidity. This is to be the last cool week before the fall, so it was great to get out and experience the last of it.

I stopped by Jack and Adam's Bicycles and Jack was there greeting cyclists as the grabbed what was left of coffee, juice and donuts. The bagels were all taken by the early-birds. After downing a couple of donuts I headed north to Whole Foods Market. There, REI was wrenching bikes on stands while Whole Foods folks were handing out fruit, water and various pastries.

The cagers were actually friendly today. I mean they stopped and gave me the right of way. I saw a couple of them with their bikes on the car rack. I wondered if they were traveling a long distance and were going to stop and ride part of the way. How far would part of the way be? Maybe a sofa spud who huffed and puffed and called in a pickup by their significant other.

Each place I stopped had a signup sheet. I noticed the longest commute was 54 miles. Hopefully that person wasn't on a mountain bike with fat knobby tires. I saw quite a few of those today. I didn't see any other single speeds out there.

The Tour de Cure is this weekend. A great cause but I really can't afford to toast the legs before the taper next week. Even if I chose the short distance, I'd still have to hassle my friends into supporting me and that's not in the cards for this year.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home