Shoe Lacing

Saturday afternoon I decided to wash my Asics. Most of what I read on the forums said not to. They also said to buy new shoes every 200-500 miles. I took both pieces of advice with a grain of salt, especially those tips found on retail shoe sites. Isn't their goal to sell more shoes. Enough said. Out came the insoles and into the washing machine with the lacing taken out.

A little time in the sun and they were ready to relace. I had purchased some lace locks, or cord locks several weeks ago, so I decided to put them on. Usually bad juju prior to a race. I also had waited since they didn't come with directions. With a couple of glasses of wine (race mojo adjustment) it came to me how to lace the shoes.

They worked great!

I never knew there were so many ways to lace shoes. Here's a site dedicated to the science of shoe lacing.

tags: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home