The Jerseys Have Arrived!

The cycling jerseys have finally arrived. Man it took a long time to get here from Italy. I guess it was worth the wait as they were $12 and change for each, plus shipping. Not bad, compared to the $75 retail for something similar.

Today, I went for an 18-mile ride; a mixture of veloway and South Mopac for about 70 minutes and an average HR of 139. Average speed was 15mph for the HR 139. The bike held up well and the new jersey felt great.

This week mostly included runs. My truck didn't pass it's inspection so I had to run a bottle of Guaranteed To Pass (G2P) through it's gas tank, which meant I had to drive every day to deplete the fuel before the next inspection. The knees felt good durning the runs. The left knee problem is slowly going away. I can only occasionally feel anything on the uphills and downhills.

I tried a swim at Deep Eddy yesterday. I only lasted 22 minutes as I could never get my breathing down. The water temp was 73 degrees which was a little chilly for me. I bailed and went on a six-mile, 70-minute run instead. Although it was hot, the humidity was down and it felt good to sweat.

The most unusual thing for the week had to be the resting heart rate. This morning it was 52bpm. I took it a couple of times to check accuracy and sure enough, 52bpm.

tags: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home