Daylight Savings Time and More Work

I was frustrated for the last couple of days. An increased workload trying to get two large Web sites launched had provided little time for training. By the end of the day, even with the additional hour from daylight savings time, I was a little bitchy. Since the bike maintenance and upgrades have been done, I thought I'd wake up earlier and get my workout in so that no matter how much work piled up, the miles were in the bank. This morning was the first try at this and worked out great.

Two other things made me change the schedule. For one, Travis had been leaving little presents for when I got home. This was a result of my neglecting his morning walk. He wasn't into cold weather walks and so we both slipped out of the routine this past winter. The second thing I noticed was how much my running mileage had slipped with the addition of swimming and cycling to the program. Therefore, the only thing to do was to add a morning run to the schedule. At 4:30 a.m. we both got up, had a drink and then it was out the door for a half-mile walk. I brought him back and then went for a four-mile run. Mission accomplished. He's happy, I'm happy.

The new schedule should add about 20 miles of running to the totals, as well as 20 to 50 miles per week of cycling. Now if I could just get the Suburbans to stay out of the bike lane.

tags: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home