This Week's Runs

Nothing special about the last few runs. Intervals at the Bowie track for five miles, 8-mile run at Town Lake last night.

I keep going to the track when there's something I need to work on. Usually, it's form or pace. The other night when I ran my intervals, the slapping left foot reappeared. In times past, this was due to my lack of stretching but I had stretched thoroughly this time. I noticed my left shoe wasn't as tight as my right. I tend to wear the shoes really loose. In fact, I don't tie them all the way to the top. Tightening the laces a little helped and the slapping disappeared.

Running Town Lake last night was a treat. I got there thirty minutes before sunset and set out over the south side of the lake so I'd get a good view of it on the flip side. Spectacular, running next to the trees with their changing colors and the sun reflecting off the water. Instead of the six miles slotted for the day, I decided to do another pass in the dark. The Trail of Lights was starting up and I got another view of the trees changing color. This time it was with strings of light wrapped around the trees and with the displays below the trees. What a treat.

I've been adding much more core exercises this week to see if I can, 1. strengthen the core muscles, but also 2. drop below the 160-pound threshold I've been at for a few weeks. I've been out of my morning walk routine and my metabolism isn't getting the boost several times per day as it once was. Also, since Thanksgiving my runs at lunch have been fewer. On a positive note, my waking heart rate is now hovering around 57, rather than the mid-sixties as before.

After my last race and bonking at mile ten, I looked at various drinks that contain protein. I'm trying out Boost this week to see how my body reacts to it during a run. So far, so good. I didn't have any of the stomach twitching last night like I had too much or not enough in the boiler. I'm trying the high protein product, which boosts the protein by twice the grams as the regular product.

tags: , , , ,

1 Comments:

At 12/13/2005 2:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like alot more fun than shopping in the evenings right now and watching car and signal lights. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home