Thanksgiving Running

I took my running gear with me to Kansas this past week. I couldn't afford to take the week off with the ARC 20K coming up next Sunday. I also had to combat the extra calories Thanksgiving dinner and eating out would bring. It turned out to be a great couple of runs that provided some variety to my normal paths.

My brother in law drove me the first day to the Pawnee Prairie Park which included a mix of dirt trails and concrete paths. I stayed, for the most part, on the dirt but had to dodge the occasional horse poo that littered the trail. The stuff seemed to be everywhere. The trail included some good climbs and several instances with steps built of tree trunks and dirt. I hadn't put in the number of miles I wanted so I found a dirt road that had somewhat of a climb to it. I followed it until I reached the airport service road and then headed back.

The next day I opted for the dirt road that ran down from the farm house. This time I had a buddy to run with. Maize, a young boxer set the pace and had me running about an 8.5/MM until she found the dead rabbit. It was a nice peaceful run. It was the first time in an awful long time that I didn't see any people, cars, planes or anything while I ran. Just winter wheat that was just coming up so all the fields were green.

My XT the day after Thanksgiving consisted of ice skating with Kayla. I wanted to use it as a workout so I got quite a few laps in. I probably wouldn't have been sore if not for trying to skate backwards. Kayla gave me a lesson and I practiced for some time at it. That, combined with the twelve-hour road trip back made my glutes sore so no Sunday run. I'll pick it back up on Monday.

tags: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home