FitDay.com

When I thought about getting back into shape, I first looked at my diet. After looking at a couple of diet loggers, I came across FitDay.com which served all my needs. From June 14 - 30, I recorded everything I ate and drank, plus entered into the log all of my exercise activities. Exercise at this point included walking, light swimming, light cycling and the use of resistance bands (SPRI).

FitDay was instrumental in my learning about what I ate. Many times I thought I was eating the correct foods or amounts and FitDay proved I was making incorrect decisions. Another source that worked well with FitDay was DietFacts.com. DietFacts.com informed me of the fat content in, for example, a Chipotle vegetarian burrito. Just eating their 13-inch flour tortilla will contribute 9g of fat and 860mg of sodium to your intake. Add the veggies and you get another 8g of fat and 640mg of sodium. So much for a good diet food.

During this time I was eating a lot of processed frozen dinners, including items from Weight Watchers and Lean Cuisine. While they had the right amount of fat and carbs per serving, many times they were loaded with sodium. They were also smaller portions than I required. By using FitDay I found I started to eat more raw foods and started to get my calories from unprocessed sources.

Another source of information has been Men's Health magazine. From reading articles online, as well as reading one of the special issues, I was able to see it's not only what you eat, but when. I tended to skip breakfast, loaded up on lunch and definitely placed most of my consumption of calories in the evening or late night meal. Since then, I've loaded up in the morning (front loading), snack at mid-morning and afternoon, regular lunch and eat a light meal for dinner. What I eat and when is also based on my exercise for the day. On the days I'm exercising for over 45 minutes, I tend to eat more calories a couple of hours before exercising or right after. Two hours before or within an hour after.

Most of my program has been hit or miss. Things that work stay in the plan, and things that don't are ditched. It's not Atkins, South Beach or the Abs diet but it seems to be working for me. Since I started this plan on June 14 I've gone from 175 pounds down to 164 (Aug. 23). That falls within the one-to-two pounds per week most experts recommend as healthy weight loss.

6/148/1911/5
Weight176166164
Chest41 1/440 1/440
Gut Inhale353533
Gut Exhale3836 1/236
Waist353534
Hips383635.75
Thigh2121 1/221
R Bicep13 1/41313
L Bicep131313
Neck151515
calf  15

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home