Pervasive Power Charge 10-Miler



As RunTex mentioned in their review of the race, the hills were brutal. The weather was perfect, but the hills were brutal.

Pervasive and the other sponsors did a great job pre-race to post-race. A live band playing tunes after the racce with plenty of bananas, sports drinks, Clif bars and oranges allowed everyone to chill and recover from the morning of climbing.

My pre-race meals still need a little tweeking. Basically, that would amount to no calimary or wine the night before and more liquid carbs the morning of the race. My stomach didn't settle down until mile five. By then there were a couple inclines (139 ft.) and the beast of a hill (194 ft. @ Scotland Wells Drive) that took my thoughts to my shins, calves, knees and quads. After running the first hill, I decided to drink on the second and third hill.

Scotland Wells Drive = 0.49 miles long with a 196.45 foot gain in elevation or an average grade of 13.8%.

The next race in the Austin Distance Challenge, has a few comparable hills to Pervasive's so I'll need to work in some hills in the next month. I should have done some hill work prior to the race. Overall, I feel good about the result, as my pace time 9:19/mile was about the same as the other races and this one had the hills. The weather was better with lower humidity and temperature and so that played a factor.

I finally found out the problem with my MP3 player. It's a cheap SD card reader/player that has been skipping certain tracks whenever I load more songs onto it. I had to run with fewer songs and listen to them twice as I couldn't figure out what was wrong by race time. This morning I found out that the player was confused by the track information on each song. It was confused when two songs both were track number one on their albums. Once I removed all the track information, all of the songs played in alphabetical order. Age Results 96 Tony Mook Austin TX 44 483 1:33:10.7 9:19/M Overall Results 697 Tony Mook Austin TX 44 96 M 40-44 1:33:10.7 9:19/M

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home