Milago Margarita Run 5K - Aug. 4, 2005

I finished somewhere between the Kenyans and the wheelchairs. Fifteenth in my age group, which for one month of training is acceptable.

PlaceNameCityAgeOver allChip TimeGun TimeDiffPace
15Tony MookAustin4314628:49.030:06.51:17.5 9:14/M
complete results

I had recently trained for a 9:15 pace and seemed to average out to that exact pace. However, it seemed like my first mile was dodging strollers and walkers as I started at the end of the pack. It took me one minute, 17 seconds to reach the starting line. I didn't get to an open area to run until right before the half-way point. Next time I think I'll start in front of the strollers.

Another mistake was taking water at mile one. I hadn't trained taking in water during the 5K run and for some reason decided to grab a glass. It was difficult to get down, It was warm water and eventually made my right ribs cramp. The cramps stayed until mile three.

Working through the cramps my shoulders tightened up and that caused some discomfort through the second part of the race.

Other things worked good. My MP3 player with new headphones worked flawlessly. The new band made it easy to get to, start and stop. I relaced my new shoes and the lacing provided additional comfort to the tops of my feet. Icing my knees after the race seemed to help as today, I can't tell that I had run last night compared to other days. My legs felt good throughout the race, even on asphalt.

I don't know where I got the gummy bear tip but that one didn't work. They made my lips very sticky and it didn't produce saliva like I thought it would.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home