Easy Saturday

Today was a little easier with a rest day yesterday. Resistance work, a core strength workout and nine miles on the recumbent bike made for the day's activities. The scale pushed back up to 163 pounds, from hitting 160 after the 15-mile run and it'll probably get back down to 160 or 161 tomorrow. If I can drop three more by next Sunday's race I feel better but either way it's ok, just as long as I stay away from the holiday food that's starting to make it's way into the office. I'll probably have to scale back on my nightly wine intake. Damn, I dropped cheese, bacon, coffee creamer and refined sugar this week.

There will be a few changes to the wardrobe this week, as the temperature is forecasted to get into the thirties by Thursday morning. Hopefully next Sunday will be between fifty and sixty degrees throughout the run.

Got some inspiration from watching the Hawaii Ironman competition this afternoon. In cased you missed one of the best stories during last year's Ironman, Sarah Reinertsen made it this year to the finish. She's blogging about her efforts. Also inspirational was Jon Blais.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home