Whew! No Pink Swim Cap for Longhorn HIM

There will be no hot pink swim cap for me come this Sunday. It'll be white. As some of the organizers were the same as the last triathlon, I thought there may be a chance that the swim cap color coordinator had it in for Men 45+ and was going to again designate the magenta hue on all men participating 45 years and older. Whew! Dodged that bullet.

Taper week started with a good 40-mile ride from Zilker Park, over some of the rolling hills of the inner city and then onto some good climbs to finish within couple of hours. As I proceeded to get cleaned up and head to the UT tailgate party with free beer, margaritas and BBQ, my training partner did a brick. That's a brick after a swim and a bike. I guess you could say she did a whole triathlon actually. I decided it was taper time and to make sure I would take the taper seriously, I forced myself to consume more than enough beer and BBQ so that my legs wouldn't spontaneously get up and decide to run 10 miles. Just to really make sure I wouldn't get up and head to the pool I took a couple of shots of Blue Tarantula.

I woke up Sunday and ate a whole plate of migas con chorizo to balance everything back out. It worked. Since then the taper has been going well. The stroke in the pool has felt great, the knees and the runs have felt great, as has that bike. After Saturday's ride I think I'll definitely take Caliente (road bike) for this weekend's triathlon. It'll make the 56 miles so much better, especially if there's rain which is in the forecast, along with a high of 80.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home