This Just In

From the CapTexTri director...

Capital of Texas Triathlon Update
Written by Administrator
We are very sorry and understand the amount of training and resources that you committed to participate in the 2007 Capital of Texas Triathlon, however race management's number one concern was your safty on race morning.

We have collaborated with all of our partners and determined that logistically and economically rescheduling the 2007 Capital of Texas Triathlon is not a possibility. Due to the cancellation we are exploring the possibility of holding the 2008 Capital of Texas Triathlon on Sunday with a rain-out day on Monday, Memorial Day.

Not even mention of a discount for next year's race. That makes for a very expensive water bottle and t-shirt. Argh! At least I have closure and can direct my training in a meaningful way.

That also means seven months of training without a race at the end to show for it. Now the process starts all over for the late summer and fall races.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 6/02/2007 10:22 AM, Blogger Gordon said...

There'll be more. These things have a way of turnin gout for the best ;)

Why not try a fun rogue trail run tomorrow?

BTW what did you do about shoes and clips. I love your scavenger approach and about to buy my first clips.

 
At 6/02/2007 7:41 PM, Blogger Tony said...

Hey Gordon, a Rogue trail run sounds pretty good about now.

I've purchased two pairs of cycling shoes at Frankenbike; one new and the other used. Each pair I bought for $10. My good Adidas triathlon pair I bought at Nashbar.com for $49, regulary $189. Clips I bought at Frankenbike as well.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home