More Changes

My cycling co-worker (Cycling Dude) bought some newer brakes to replace the new brakes on his relatively new Trek 1200. Don't ask me why, he just did. Anyway, he gave the oldish-but-new Bontrager brakes to me for free. Well, almost free...$10 is all he'd take as I couldn't take brand-spanking-new brakes for absolutely nothing. I put them on Salsa Verde last night and they shine bright. They're also much more aero than what I had on there before. Not that it's going to cut that much time but every little bit helps. Thanks Cycling Dude! Very nice bling for Salsa Verde. That brings the cost up to $515.

I rebuilt the bottom bracket while I as at it. I thought it was rusted and I'd have to get a new one but the rust came from the Bianchi frame and not the pieces of the bracket. Whew! cleaned it up, regreased it and put it back together. Very smooth.

The temperature is now past 90 degrees for the afternoons so it's time to revert back to morning workouts. I probably could hang in there for another couple of weeks but I'm relying on the NUUN tablets (electrolyte replacement) too much and they ain't cheap at $6.50 a tube. I ran the neighborhood route (5M) going up to the Costco crushed granite track this morning and 70 degrees feels a hell of a lot better than 90 degrees. No NUUN required.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At 6/01/2007 4:21 PM, Blogger TRI Vortex said...

Newish gear is great. My bike is newish. How is that NUUN working out for you? I currently use GU2O and was looking into comparing a few more products.

 
At 6/02/2007 7:45 PM, Blogger Tony said...

Hey tri vortex, I can't believe I didn't try it sooner. My post run headaches are now gone and I feel great after a run in the heat.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home