Dis the Alarm, Pay the Price

My first real day of vacation in a long time, I decided to sleep in and disregard the alarm, as well as the second and third. Ahhhh, sleeping in felt so good. By the time I ate breakfast, got dressed and left for the track, it was 87°. Not too bad. I would run with a little elevated heart rate and sweat a little more, no big deal. What I didn't know at the time was that the humidity had doubled in recent days, due to the rains on Saturday and Sunday.

I ran five miles at the track, while the Bowie High School footabll team went through summer drills. By the fifth mile I was spent and sweating like a pig.

I checked the humidity when I got home and it was at 78%. Someone on one of the running forums recently stated they don't run when the temperature and the humidity combined adds up to over 125. Well, let's see. 87 + 78 = 165. Wow, forty points over. Realistically, the temperature wasn't going to be forty degrees less today, but I guess I could have run at 67° if I had not disregarded the alarms and pushed my gluteus maximus out of bed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home