Baking

For some reason, I've taken up baking the last three weeks. Don't ask me why, I just have. Cinnamon rolls, brioche, sopapillas, apricot kolaches and now loafed bread. It's got my night and morning schedule all wound up in a knot. By the time I feel like turning the dough, it sets a process in motion where I usually pull the bread out of the oven about 11:00 p.m., two hours after I'm supposed to be in bed to wake up early the next morning and run. Needless to say, I haven't been up lately at 4:30 a.m.

The baking hasn't contributed gobs of weight...knock on wood... However, if I don't start running in the mornings again, it won't happen, as we're in the second of three consecutive Ozone Action Days and the air is unbearable in the afternoons and evenings. It's been 95° at five o'clock the last couple of days and unless I jump into the pool right after a run, I tend to overheat for the rest of the night.

I have a couple of loaves to appease my new found addiction until the weekend. Tonight it's to bed early for an early morning run.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home