Bike Time Trial Today

I ran six miles n i c e a n d s l o w to burn maximum fat yesterday. Actually, 13-minute miles. Everyone passed me on the trail, except for the walkers, but I didn't care. They were burning carbs, I was burning fat. Different priorities. Different mindsets. While it was only 78 degress outside, the UV index felt like it was near 90. Outside of a little suburn, it was a great run and I managed to keep the heart rate under 140.

Today is Run-Far Bike Time Trial Day. Run-Far, a local chip timing service, is gracious enough to go out to my end of town and set up mats, register folks and time them on an eight-mile course. I'm nowhere near ready to compete against the folks that average 30mph for the eight miles, but I want to do it anyway. The legs are going to burn but that'll be ok as I slowly taper towards Sunday.

tags: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home