So Do Good Things

The bad things stopped at four. Actually it stopped at five as I forgot to mention I'd lost my Buddhist prayer beads. This morning I realized that yesterday was no big deal. Be flexible. I stopped for gas and everything was put into a better perspective. A lady across on the other pump was filling the tank of her new VW Beetle. It overflowed a bit and got on her suede shoes. The pump then refused to accept her American Express card and the pump kept beeping at her. Very annoying. As she walked towards the door to hand her card to the cashier, she busted her ass stepping up the curb. If that wasn't enough, she got into a discussion about her card with the cashier who couldn't speak much English. At that point my load was lifted. My troubles were no big deal.

The whole blown day yesterday could've been the universe's way of telling this newbie to taper before the 3M Half Marathon on Sunday. If the track had been vacant yesterday, there's no doubt that I would have had an intense workout and by Sunday I wouldn't have recovered. As others have said on their sites, my fitness is in the bank. Taper and rest, which is one of the hardest things for newbies to learn. As they say, there's not much that can help me at this point, but there's plenty that can screw the race.

I'm in the process of changing the schedule. The Bowie track use by the high school students may have been a blessing in disguise. I needed to split the schedule into morning workouts and night workouts and make sure I had everything covered. The yoga workout last night reinforced that I'm neglected my back and I found that out during the Runtex 20-Miler, even with a 30-mph wind.

Today, my only contribution to Sunday's race was eating right during the day and spending the evening in the whirlpool and sauna. I felt much better after working my legs with jets of water, rather than the treadmill, the elliptical or the track. The fitness is in the bank. We'll see Sunday.

I found the Buddhist prayer beads. The weight scale showed I finally dropped below 160.5 to 159. All is well.

tags: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home