Corn and Beans and Pho Soup

It's corn, beans and brown rice for the next couple of days. I over-indulged in German food, German beer and Hill Country wine over the weekend. In addition to the supplements, a few more pounds appeared on the scale. The 3M Half Marathon is this weekend and it's time to do some carb loading. My weight should come back down over the next few days with watching what I eat.

I went out for a seven-mile run yesterday and the Pho soup (Vietnamese Chicken Soup) sat well during the run. Pho soup always gets my insides back in balance and especially with all the germs floating around the office, it helps the immune system. The pace was at 10K or Critical Velocity pace. I didn't have the correct shoes, nor the correct socks (cotton), so the seven miles put three new blisters on my feet. So for the next couple of days, I'll have to do cardio on the gym's machines. Good news about the pace though. It came in at 8:41/mile, which is much better than the last good run on Town Lake. Running efficiencies must be happening and that reinforces the training program.

tags: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home