Austin TriCyclist

Very cool transitions clinic last night, conducted by Missy, co-owner of Austin TriCyclist. Surprisingly, there were only three of us there. Looking at the transition times of folks last year, I bet others could've used the advise but thought they could use the time for other things.

I arrived early and looked around the shop. ATC has a very impressive lineup of bikes and gear. All of it puts my PSB bike to shame. I need to quit calling it the pawn shop bike, as it has brand new components on it now. New Cane Creek 200tt Carbon bullhorn brake levers and a set of new SPD, dual sided cleats pedals and cleats to go with my new shoes.

Anyway, Austin TriCyclist is a great shop for gear and bikes and free transition clinics. Missy is very knowledgeable and will get you suited up and ready for the event.

Another great shop down the street is Jack and Adams. They're having a free bike wash for charity tomorrow from 11:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m. Donations benefit Move Through Cancer.

The last couple of days I have done non-standard workouts, leading up to next Monday's CapTexTri. Wednesday included a run at the track in 94 degree heat with a heart rate in the mid-160s. One mile intervals to get the pace set right for Monday. Yesterday was swim day. I varied the lap speed to find the right speed, check the bilateral breathing and form. At the end, I worked on flip turns and finally got over that hurdle. For some reason, my ear silicon plugs kept me from getting disoriented and dizzy and everything worked out. I'm now a flipper thanks to Da Fish and the dude that looked exactly like Greg LeMond. Today will include core work, light weights on the legs and an evening LSD run of four miles or so.

tags: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home